A brand new Chambres d'hôte in the Dordogne.
Set on a beautiful green private terrain with panoramic view of the enchanting rolling hills of the Dordogne. Built in French style with all mod coms. With two stylishly furnished guest rooms and a private pool you will find Bijou de Dordogne an oasis of light, peace and quietness, space and well-being.
- Two spacious, stylish guest rooms with private bathrooms and French doors to your own private terrace.
- The guest rooms are located on the ground floor: no stairs and steps.
- Large swimming pool with easy access, heated from May until the end of September.
- Every morning your host will have a full breakfast prepared for you on the veranda.
- Your host also prepares the Table d'hôtes: a delicious dinner with several courses on the veranda.
- On the Jeu de Boules court (Pétanque) on the private grounds you can be active the French way.
- Car parking is on private grounds.
- At a 10 minutes’ drive you will find the first charming French villages like Limeuil and Le Bugue with supermarkets, tourist attractions and restaurants.
- Within walking distance you will find Lanceplaine, a very small, authentic French hamlet for the old-fashioned Dordogne-feeling.
- Bijou the Dordogne is easily accessible from Calais: about 850 kilometers on the motorway. Only the last 45 minutes will take you on French country roads.
- Bergerac Airport is only a 45-minute drive away. There are direct flights to Bergerac from The Netherlands, Belgium and the UK. There are reliable car rental companies at the airport.
Maaike van Bekkum is known by chambresdhotes-in-Frankrijk.be since 17/01/2019. You can contact the landlord in dutch, english, German.
The owner usually responds within 1 day.
Bijou de Dordogne is located in the hilly, quiet region of Perigord Noir, the tourist highlight of the Dordogne.
The Dordogne is sparsely populated and quiet. The impressive, varied landscape of rivers, forests, moors and fields determines the atmosphere, together with the villages, which are often still in an authentic state and form sights in themselves. At the same time there is a lot to do during high season for holidaymakers with different interests and for all ages.
Bijou de Dordogne is close to the villages of Limeuil and Le Bugue in a part of the Dordogne that is popular with hikers and cyclists. In the vicinity you will find many other authentic French villages such as Beynac, Domme, Sarlat, La Roque-Gageac and Les Eyzies. Sightseeing attractions are Limeuil gardens, Marqueyssac gardens, the Proumeyssac caves, the Maxange caves, Milande castle and Castelnaud castle.
Castles surrounded by rolling landscapes, peaceful hamlets with quiet roads and history everywhere around you: that is the Dordogne. The inhabitants also use the name Perigord, as this fairytale region was called before the 18th century. History revives before your eyes in the hundreds of castles and prehistoric sites that date back as far as 150,000 years BC.
The Perigord Noir is a quiet part of the Dordogne and at the same time an eldorado for active holidaymakers. Go down the river Dordogne or the Vézère in a canoe and experience the surroundings from a different perspective. Or book a balloon flight: an experience that you will never forget. Do you like climbing? The Dordogne has a variety of 'adventure parcs' for all ages. There are also several golf courses in the area, from 9 to 18 holes. Hikers and cyclists can enjoy themselves on the beautiful routes past castles, caves, historic sites, not to mention the ever-present, beautiful nature.
1 bedroom (s)
1 bathroom (s)
1 bedroom (s)
1 bathroom (s)